Hobing Korean Dessert is one of the first Korean cafes that introduced Bingsu in Manila. They already have 10 branches and usually located on popular malls. Bingsu is a snack originally in Korea and common during summer season. It is consist of milky shaved ice with fresh fruits toppings. It is already popular in Manila and can be linked to our own version of Halo-halo.
Hobing shop got Mango, Choco Cookies, Injeolme, Redbean, Cheese, Matcha, Banana Mango, Mango Cheese, Strawberry, Choco Brownie, Caramel Coffee, Banana Berry and Ube Bingsu.
Aside from Bingsu, they also offer Toast, Tteokbokki (Spicy Rice Cake), Ra-bokki (Spicy Rice cake with noodles), Ice or Fruit Tea, Ice blended, Coffee and chips from Korea. They offer discounted price when you availed their Set Menus.
Bingsu’s price ranged from PHP 160.00 to PHP 280.00 for a regular bowl (good for 1 person) and PHP 230.00 to PHP 390.00 for a large bowl (good for 2-3 persons).
Like other bingsu, the ice used in this dessert is snow liked and very fine, smooth and creamy. We ordered Injeolme Bingsu for PHP 190.00, Mango Cheese Bingsu for PHP 210.00, ice tea for PHP 60.00 and a take away Ra-Bokki (Spicy Rice Cake with Noodles). Compared to other shops, this is already fair given that the Injeolme has just the right quantity of powder and nuts and Mango Cheese Bingsu also have enough cheese to balance out the mango. A separate milk will be served together with the Bingsu if you still don’t find it creamy. For the spicy noodles, I really recommend that you consume it at the store and while its hot and never considered taking it out because the noodles will get soggy and it will absorb all the water from the soup. But well, it’s our fault 🙂
The shop in Glorietta can get crowded especially on Weekends or Holidays. We attempted to visit there one holiday afternoon and found a pack of people inside so we decided to visit Kevin’s Toys and Library Playarea first then tried to come back afterwards. Luckily, we were able to enjoy our bowl of snow goodness!
The place is located at Ground Floor Glorietta 4, Makati City. The shop is in between Mercury Drug store and Tous le Jour and infront of SM Makati.
Hobing Korean Dessert
Ground Floor Glorietta 4, Makati City
- BGC: BGC Stopover Pavillion, Bonifacio Global City
- Megamall: SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City
- Binondo: Lucky China town, Binondo City
- Libis: Eastwood Citywalk 2, Quezon City
- Aura: 5th floor, SM Aura Premier Taguig City
- Pasig: LG Floor, Ayala Malls The 30th Pasig City
- The Block: Ground Floor, SM City North Quezon City
- Bel-air: 72 Jupiter Corner Mercury Street, Makati City
- UP Town: 2nd Floor, UP Town Center, Diliman Quezon City
Related Korean Bingsu:
- Ice Flower Cafe | Bingsu and Snow Experience at SM MOA
- Snow Panda: Bingsu Obsession at SM Bicutan
- Hobing Korean Dessert: Bingsu Obsession at Glorietta Makati