We stayed at Seoul Global Hostel Myeongdong last November 2016 for 4 days and 3 nights thru Booking.com. One of our qualifiers for this trip is to stay on the heart of the city and because it is nearby the shopping area.
The hostel is one of the cleanest accommodation that we have stayed. Even though we checked-in and arrived late on the evening, the staff still waited for us. The hostel doesn’t have elevator but they have luggage lift service for your bags. The place is just near Myeongdong station Exit 2 so transportation to and from the hotel is not a problem. There are also a lot of convenience store around the area (7/11, GS25, Ministop, CU) so midnight snacks and dinner is not an issue. Since this is located near Myeongdong station other tourist spots like Myeongdong street market and Namsam tower (NSeoul tower) are just walking distance from the hotel.
They also have complimentary breakfast which are mainly bread, spreads and coffee on the common pantry area at 2nd floor.
Though, the Namsam area is hill-top so expect that going up to the hotel may be a bit challenging especially if you have big luggage with you.
The area is hilltop so the going to the hostel may be challenging
How to get to Myeongdong Global Hostel from the airport
I highly suggest that you take the KAL Limousine Bus Seoul especially if you have big luggage with you. We bought our ticket at Klook.com and claiming is just easy. But you can always take the MRT since it’s also fast and cheaper. You can book the voucher and just claim it once you arrived at the airport. Just go to KAL Limousine Service Counter No 22 (First floor near gate 4). You will be given a physical ticket by which you will present on the bus driver. Valid ID of the person who bought it is needed upon claiming.
- Take the bus from the airport and drop off at Myeongdong Sejong Hotel. Take the bus #6015 at bus stop 5B or 12A.
- Limousine fee costs around KRW 10,000 – KRW 15,000 (around PHP 500.00 – PHP 650.00) one way.
- Get off at Sejong Hotel which is the last station. Travel time from the airport is more than 1 hour.
- Cross the opposite street by going down the subway until you reached Myeongdong Subway Exit 2 or 3.
- From Exit 2, turn right until you see Prince Hotel then 7/11. From Exit 3, the exit point is 7/11. Walk towards the left side of Pacific Hotel.
- Walk straight until you pass by Two Two Chicken (left side), Webtoon (right side) and Mini Stop (right side).
- Walk towards the right side of Mini Stop and pass through until you reached the third alley on the right. Landmark is the alley on the right after the street signage “Sogong-ro-6-gil” (left side) and Demian building (right side).
- Turn to the right side of Demian building.
- Myeongdong Global Hostel is beside Demian building.
By MRT Subway
- Take the AREX Incheon Airport Express Train. This is also available on Klook.com. Transfer to Seoul Station Line No. 4 and make sure to choose Myeongdong station
- Get off at Myeongdong station and take Exit 2 or Exit 3.
- Follow Step 5 to 9 from the instruction above.
How much is the room rate per night?
We reserved online thru Booking.com two weeks before our departure date. Booking.com allowed cancellation 14 days before the departure date without extra fee. The room costs KRW 165,000.00 (around PHP 7,300 for 3 nights / PHP 2,400 per night).
The staffs are courteous and helpful, he waited for us even though we arrived at the area around 11:00 PM. They speak English well so communication is not an issue. The room that we booked is a double bed that is good for 2 persons. The room has its own bathroom, flatscreen TV, aircon and heater. Towels, shampoo, soap and cold/hot water from the shower are also available. Upon check-in, they will give you the entrance’s security code so going in and out on late nights is not an issue as well.
Where to stay in Korea:
- Seoul Global Hostel Myeongdong | How to get there from the airport
- Yoos Family Guesthouse | How to get there from Myeongdong and to Airport
Related posts about our 5days-4nights South Korea DIY travel:
- SOUTH KOREA: DIY Summary and Itinerary for 5Days/4Nights
- First time guide on applying for South Korea tourist visa for Pinoys
- 5 ways on getting a Cheap Plane ticket
- What to Wear on an Autumn-Winter trip in South Korea
- Winter Clothes and Where to Find Them | Ukay Ukay Guide in Guadalupe
- Where to exchange Philippine peso to Korean Won
- SEOUL DAY 1
- SEOUL DAY 2
- SEOUL DAY 3
- SEOUL DAY 4
- SEOUL DAY 5